University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, American Culture
Asian/Pacific Islander American Studies
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Michigan, United States|
|Position:||Assistant Professor, Associate Professor|
ASIAN/PACIFIC ISLANDER AMERICAN STUDIES. The University of Michigan’s Department of American Culture and its Asian/Pacific Islander American (A/PIA) studies program seek qualified applicants for a tenure-track appointment in Asian American and/or Pacific Islander studies at the rank of assistant or early associate professor. This is a university-year appointment with an expected start date of September 1, 2014.
Scholars with a demonstrated expertise in Asian American and/or Pacific Islander studies are encouraged to apply. We seek to increase our expertise in transnational migration, comparative/interethnic studies, indigeneity, social movements, religion, gender and sexuality, or cultural studies. We especially encourage applications from candidates who can teach courses on South Asian Americans and/or Muslim Americans. Evidence of excellence in teaching and research is crucial. Ph.D. required prior to appointment.
Candidates should submit a digital application dossier via email attachment (in Microsoft Word or PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include:
- Cover letter addressed to Chair, A/PIA Search Committee
- Writing sample (no more than 25 pages)
- Statement of teaching philosophy and experience
- Evidence of teaching excellence (i.e., student evaluations of teaching, course syllabi, teaching awards)
- Statement of current and future research plans
- Three letters of recommendation, which should be sent to email@example.com directly from the signer’s (or credentialing service’s) institutional email address.
Screening of applications will begin September 1, 2013, and will continue until an appointment is made. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. The University of Michigan is supportive of the needs of dual career couples and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Chair, A/PIA Search Committee firstname.lastname@example.org
|Primary Category:||Asian American History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||American History / Studies