Cengage Learning, History
Digital Content Designer
|Location:||Massachusetts, United States|
Are you looking for a job outside the academy where you can still help higher-ed students learn about history? Come join our Boston-based team!
The Digital Content Designer is the learning design expert on the History team, with expertise in subject matter and understanding of platform capabilities. They will conceive content for our online solutions and will map key customer needs and functionality into the learning path. The ideal candidate will not only have a passion for education, but also has a deep understanding of and passion for education within the History discipline, creative ideas on how to reach, engage and retain students along with demonstrably outstanding writing skills.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Collaborate with Product Manager and Technology stakeholders on Learning Path Modeling. Conceive content needed for a model Learning Path for History.
- Create activity models for Learning Paths. Identify types of activities needed to support the Learning Path for History.
- Write Course Outcomes and Learning Objectives for course/text.
- Create, advise and approve tagging taxonomies for content
- Identify and help train Subject Matter Experts for content creation working collaboratively with Product Manager and Content Developer.
- Advise and consult with Technology stakeholders to help inform requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in History
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience in History, preferably in higher education and or combination of related experience and education
- Proficiency and experience with technology in the classroom
- Excellent knowledge of grammar and command of the English Language
- Demonstrated ability to identify and understand engaging instructional material
- Flexible, dedicated, team-oriented individual with ability to collaborate effectively.
- Experience authoring digital content
- PhD in History
- Instructional design experience, certificate, or Degree
Cengage Learning is an equal opportunity employer, committed to attracting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
|Primary Category:||Educational Technology