Clayton State University, Humanities
Tenure-Track Assistant Professor, Middle Eastern and/or North African History
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Georgia, United States|
The Department of Humanities in the College of Arts and Sciences at Clayton State University seeks applicants for a tenure-track Assistant Professor in
Middle Eastern and/or North African History, starting Fall 2013.
Required qualifications for the position:
- PhD in History (ABDs nearing degree completion will be considered)
- Successful college teaching experience
Desirable qualification(s) for the position:
- Ability to teach the history of a second non-Western geographical area and/or World Historical Geography
- Interests in Women’s History or Film History or Digital Humanities
- Evidence of scholarly performance, including publications
- Experience in using technology in engaging students, including distance-learning courses
- Teach surveys in pre-modern, modern, and contemporary world history
- Offer undergraduate and/or graduate courses according to specialty
- Serve as an advisor for history, teacher education, and liberal arts students
- Support middle grades and secondary teacher education programs
- Engage in scholarly activity leading to presentation or publication
- Participate in service to the Department, College, University, and Community
The position is an academic year, tenure-track appointment that reports to the Chair of the Department of Humanities. The position will be available in August 2013.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and competitive with comparable programs.
CSU is nationally recognized as a leader in the use of information technology to transform teaching, learning, and other aspects of the collegiate experience. Clayton State University is a Senior Unit of the University of System of Georgiaand is fully accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). For additional information about the History Program, within the Department of Humanities, visit http://www.clayton.edu/humanities/history.
Review of applications will begin on May 20, 2013 and will continue until the position is filled. Qualified applicants should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy, unofficial transcripts, and the contact information for three current references.
To apply, go to https://adminsystems2.clayton.edu/faculty_job s/ and apply for job # 20208.
|Primary Category:||Middle East History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||African History / Studies