|Location:||Maine, United States|
The Holocaust and Human Rights Center of Maine is searching for an Executive Director. Founded as a Maine nonprofit corporation in 1985, the HHRC has the following mission:
Through initiatives in education, exhibition and activism, we engage and inform the people of Maine about the Nazi Holocaust, other genocides, and broader issues of human rights abuses in historic and contemporary contexts. We encourage individuals and communities to reflect upon their ethical and moral responsibilities in our modern world.
The Executive Director of HHRC is responsible for creating and maintaining a compelling vision for the Center, and providing the leadership necessary to execute the vision.
The HHRC is seeking an Executive Director with a history of success in the following areas:
1. Nonprofit management.
2. Fund-raising and development.
3. Grant writing.
4. Leadership and public speaking skills.
5. Development and management of budgets.
6. Use of social media and emerging technology.
7. Ability to work well with staff and volunteers.
8. Experience in Holocaust and human rights educational programming desirable.
9. Experience in strategic planning desirable.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package available.
Job starts August 1, 2013.
Please submit letter of interest, CV, and list of 5 references to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than May 17, 2013.
|Primary Category:||Holocaust, Genocide, and Memory Studies
|Secondary Categories:||Human Rights