Communications Electronic Media Manager
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New York, United States|
Title: Communications Electronic Media Manager
Job Opening ID:7846
Job Family: Communications and Public Affairs
Closing Date: May 6, 2013
Location: Queensborough CC
Position #: 00114138
Full/Part Time: F
Manages electronic, online and multi-media communications, providing editorial, technical and production expertise.
-Consults with client staff to assess needs and determine design and technical specifications
-Plans communications messages, formats, and designs which meet clients' needs and have impact with the intended audience(s)
-Coordinates the efforts of internal and external professionals to implement and disseminate electronic media projects
-Creates and maintains databases, archives, and other content associated with electronic media projects
-Develops production policies and standards and adheres to communications and branding standards
-Supervises staff as needed
-Performs related duties as assigned.
CONTRACT TITLE: Higher Education Associate
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Reporting to the Executive Director of Communications and Public Relations, the Communications Electronic Media Manager will:
- Serve as manager and editor-in-chief of college website, overseeing general presentation and producing content in cooperation with departmental or office representatives and technical support from the college Academic Computing Center.
- Assist in producing and managing content, ensuring branding standards, consistency, and uniformity across digital platforms, including website, social media, online marketing, campus digital signage, etc.
Bachelor's degree and six years' related experience required.
- Proven track record in website design and construction, content management systems, video publishing tools and social media platforms in a complex organization
- Solid experience writing, posting, and editing content for a digital environment
- Strong editorial, design, and technical judgment and skills
- Experience in higher education preferred
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.