National University of Singapore, History
|Institution Type:||College / University|
DEPARTMENT OF HISTORY
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
Invitation to Apply
The Department of History, National University of Singapore, has launched a scheme called FASS-Postdoctoral Fellowships whereby appointees are required to provide teaching support for the department in addition to research. (FASS refers to Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.)
We invite applications for a Postdoctoral Fellowship.
Area of Expertise
Candidates are expected to hold a PhD degree or will have it in hand by August 2013.
The Department has teaching needs in Southeast Asian History but we are opened to well-qualified candidates in any other area of History.
The successful candidate is expected to teach but will have time for research with an aim to publication.
Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions for the FASS-Postdoctoral Fellowship (PDF) are as follows:
1. Contract to be awarded beginning from August 2013 or earlier if possible, tenable for up to two years.
2. An Annual Base Salary of up to S$66,000 per year.
3. An allowance of S$500 a month as contribution towards housing expenses for non-citizens (i.e. non-Singaporeans) and their spouses who do not own any property in Singapore and whose spouses are not in receipt of any form of housing benefits from their Singapore employers.
4. Singapore citizens and permanent residents are eligible for provident fund benefits.
5. Travel Assistance, payable once only, as follows:
- S$2,000 for the Postdoctoral Fellow
- S$2,000 for spouse
- S$1,000 for each eligible child, subject to a maximum of 3 children. Children must be less than 18 years of age and receiving full-time education.
The above travel assistance is a contribution towards expenses incurred by the appointee and his/her dependants in re-locating to Singapore. Such expenses refer to costs for travel, packing, transportation and insurance of personal and professional effects as well as settling-in expenses.
The travel allowance is contingent upon the Postdoctoral Fellow's completion of his/her initial two years’ contract. In the event that the appointee does not fulfill the initial two years’ contract, the appointee shall be liable to refund the University a proportionate amount of the travel assistance granted to him/her and his/her dependants on appointment.
6. Foreign PDFs who are granted Singapore Permanent Residence will continue to receive an allowance of S$500 a month as contribution towards housing expenses. The allowance will cease once they acquire Singapore citizenship.
7. Medical benefits in accordance with the Medical Benefit Plan.
8. Vacation leave of 28 days per calendar year.
9. The balance of time spent between research and teaching for each PDF is about 50-50. Each PDF can expect to teach up to 1.5 modules per academic year.
All application dossiers, including details about publications, research interests and teaching areas, as well as the names of two academic referees, should be submitted (in soft copy) by 30 April 2013. Please address and submit documents to:
Department of History
National University of Singapore
The search will continue until an appointment is made.
Visit our websites at http://www.fas.nus.edu.sg/home/index.htm for information on the Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences, and http://www.fas.nus.edu.sg/hist/ for information on the Department of History and the undergraduate modules.
|Primary Category:||Asian History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||World History / Studies