City University of New York - Queensborough Community College, Academic Affairs and Programs
Academic College Now Manager
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New York, United States|
Title: Academic College Now Manager
Job Opening ID: 7828
Job Family: Academic Affairs and Programs
Closing Date: May 1, 2013
Location: Queensborough CC
Position #: 00106009
Full/Part Time: F
Manages campus College Now program operations under the direction of a senior administrator. College Now is collaborative program of the City University of New York (CUNY)/Office of Academic Affairs and the New York City Department of Education designed to prepare New York City's public high school students for college.
- Delivers and monitors comprehensive college preparatory program including academic courses (both for high school and college credit); campus-based tours and cultural events; and exclusive scholarship offerings
- Evaluates programming outcomes and makes recommendations to improve offerings
- Oversees program's budget and daily administration
- Prepares reports for management; may write grant proposals
- Liaisons with course coordinators, college and high school faculty, and various administrators in the implementation of professional development activities
- May manage professional and/or clerical staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic College Now Manager
CONTRACT TITLE: Higher Education Associate
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Reporting to the Associate Dean of Academic and Institutional Research, the Manager of the College Now program will:
- Oversee personnel including office staff, high school liaisons, college course coordinators and instructors, and ensure all required paperwork is distributed, collected and returned to the appropriate QCC offices. Maintain contact with all College Now personnel by visiting instructors and liaisons at the high schools, and scheduling meetings with QCC course Coordinators through the semester. Host meetings for College Now personnel and oversee meaningful professional development seminars through the academic year.
- Recruit students to participate in College Now activities. Schedule and coordinate orientations as well as host QCC theatre performances and workshops, to be attended by students from the participating high schools each semester.
- Attend meetings at Central Office and College Now Coordinator meetings; communicate with the College Now Central Office.
- Research new programs and add new classes to enhance the variety of the program. Augment the distribution of information to all personnel and students. Oversee the departmental website, SharePoint content and development.
- Collect and analyze data, such as Regents scores, SAT scores, high school averages and absences for the final report for Central Office. Perform quality control activities to ensure accuracy in data collection and reporting.
Bachelor's Degree and six years' relevant experience required.
- At least four years supervisory experience in an academic setting (of the required six years' relevant experience)
- Knowledge of administrative procedures at secondary and post-secondary institutions
- Experience with program development, implementation and evaluation
- Experience with professional development at the high school level
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.