Post-Doctoral Fellow, Cultures of Energy Research Group
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Texas, United States|
The Cultures of Energy research group at Rice University seeks a one-year postdoctoral fellow for the 2013-14 academic year.
Over the past two years, Cultures of Energy has worked to incubate multi-disciplinary humanistic collaboration and scholarly inquiry on matters of energy and environmental transition. A key goal of the research group is to establish humanistic and social scientific scholarship as a dynamic and integral part of public debate over energy choices and energy futures. The 2013/14 postdoctoral fellow will play an active role in the process of establishing the first research center in the world devoted specifically to cultivating energy and environmental research in the humanities and social sciences. Rice University has recently announced a five-year cross-campus Energy and Environment Initiative (E2I) within which Cultures of Energy is a founding research cluster. More details on Cultures of Energy can be found at http://www.culturesofenergy.com
We seek excellent scholars whose research and teaching interests focus on energy and energy transitions or on the environmental impacts of energy use such as climate change. We welcome applicants from any discipline or interdiscipline in the human sciences including, but not limited to, anthropology, art history, history, literary studies, philosophy, religious studies, sociology and the arts.
The fellow will take part in a faculty working group, help organize a campus-wide speakers series, and design and teach two courses, one semester-long introductory-level undergraduate course on energy and environmental humanities and one upper-level seminar course in her or his home discipline. The fellow will receive $50,000 per year, benefits eligibility, and a $5,000 allowance for research and relocation.
The closing date for applications is March 31st, 2013. Please send all application materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Required application materials:
· Cover letter (2-3 pages) describing research interests and experience, in language appropriate for a multi-disciplinary panel of reviewers, and a teaching plan for the postdoctoral year.
· 2 letters of reference to be sent directly to email@example.com
· Applicants should have received a PhD between July 1, 2009 and June 30, 2013.
· Fellowship recipients cannot have accepted or currently hold a tenure-track position.
· Rice University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Scholars who are members of traditionally under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.
· There is no citizenship requirement or restriction for this fellowship. Non-U.S. nationals are welcome to apply.
· Employment eligibility verifications requested upon hire.
|Secondary Categories:||Social History / Studies