James Madison University, Department of History
Assistant Professor, Public History - One Year Appointment
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Virginia, United States|
The History Department invites applications for a one-year renewable position at the rank of Assistant Professor. Position begins in late August 2013.
The successful applicant will teach U. S. History Survey in the General Education program. Ability to teach Historic Preservation and willingness to develop courses incorporating Mid-Atlantic local or regional history strongly desired.
Candidates must have the Ph.D. and teaching experience at the collegiate level.
1) Complete the online faculty profile located at the JOBLINK application at https://Joblink.jmu.edu. Candidates MUST complete the online faculty profile in order for their candidacy to be active.
2) In addition to completing the online faculty profile, send the following by postal mail:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy and sample syllabi
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness
- 20-page writing sample
- Three letters of reference
- Graduate transcripts
Mail to: Dr. Gabrielle M. Lanier, Search Committee, History Department, MSC 2001, 58 Bluestone Drive, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA 22807
|Primary Category:||American History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||Public History