Indiana University - Bloomington, Gender Studies
Gender Studies Seeks Visiting Lecturer
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Indiana, United States|
The Department of Gender Studies at Indiana University is seeking a full-time instructor to teach three courses per semester beginning August 2013 for two years.
- Have a PhD and possess a strong graduate academic background in research related to women, gender and sexuality
- Have previous successful teaching experiences at the collegiate level in Gender/Women’s Studies or a related field
Possible Courses: The successful applicant may teach a combination of one or more sections of the lecture courseG225: Gender, Sexuality & Popular Culture, and other classes at a 300 or 400 level in his/her area of expertise. Please visit the IU Gender Studies website at www.indiana.edu/~gender to read course descriptions. We are particularly interested in applicants with strengths in media and popular culture and race and ethnicity.
Benefits: This position is a full-time ten-month appointment with a 100% FTE for each term with full university benefits including health insurance coverage for the employee and their spouse or same-sex partner.
IU is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Application: Please apply via a single e-mail message to:
Department of Gender Studies
1021 E. Third Street MHE 129
Bloomington, IN 47405
Include the following attached Microsoft Word files in your e-mail message:
1. An updated curriculum vitae;
2. A cover letter explaining background, experience and qualifications to teach our courses;
3. A list of three (3) relevant academic references, including addresses, phone and e-mail contacts.
For full consideration, please send all items by April 15, 2013. Applications received after that date will be accepted only as needed until the position is filled.
|Primary Category:||Women, Gender, and Sexuality
Ethnic History / Studies