Academic ASAP Student Advisor
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New York, United States|
Title: Academic ASAP Student Advisor
Job Opening ID: 7659
Job Family: Academic Support Services
Closing Date: March 17, 2013
Location: Queensborough CC
Position #: 00192973
Full/Part Time: F
Accelerated Study in Associate Programs (ASAP) helps motivated community college students earn degrees as quickly as possible, with a goal of graduating at least 50% of students within three years. Key ASAP program features include a consolidated block schedule, cohorts by major, small class size, required full-time study and comprehensive advisement and career development services. Financial incentives include tuition waivers for financial aid eligible students and free use of textbooks and monthly Metrocards for all students. Further information is available at www.cuny.edu/ASAP.
The ASAP Advisor is a member of an integrated College team providing individual academic, career and related support to an assigned group of community college students as they progress through the program.
- Delivers comprehensive advisement support services to an assigned group of students through degree completion
- Conducts or supports delivery of weekly student seminars on issues of importance to students
- Reviews student progress and tracks student use of academic support service
- Conducts regular outreach to faculty and other college staff as needed to support student success
- Maintains accurate tracking data and notes for each assigned student, recommending appropriate referrals and opportunity programs
- Supports annual recruitment of students
- Organizes periodic special events and programs for students, faculty and staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
CONTRACT TITLE: Higher Education Assistant
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Queensborough Community College seeks an experienced individual who is able to work as part of a successful team of professionals serving a diverse student population in an urban setting. The ideal candidate will provide a supportive environment and ensure that strong relationships are fostered with the college community. Evening and weekend hours required.
A Master's degree in an appropriate discipline (e.g., counseling, guidance, social work, or psychology) and two years' related experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong understanding of the needs of community college students
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, within the department and with faculty and other administrators
- Strong organization, project management, communication, and facilitation skills
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records of student activities
- Computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office (Access); and aptitude to learn new systems as needed.
- Computer Literacy in Excel
- A minimum of two years' full-time higher education experience
- Experience with academic advisement and student tracking
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.