Hebrew College, Academics
Vice President for Academic Affairs
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Massachusetts, United States|
HebrewCollege, one of the nation’s leading institutions of Jewish higher education, currently has a position available for a Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Located in Newton Centre, MA, Hebrew College promotes excellence in Jewish learning and leadership within a pluralistic environment of open inquiry, intellectual rigor, personal engagement and spiritual creativity. The college offers graduate degrees, certificates and rabbinical and cantorial ordination through its Rabbinical School, School of Jewish Music, Shoolman Graduate School of Jewish Education and Jewish studies and Hebrew language programs; community education for adult learners; and a supplemental Jewish high school and middle school. Many Hebrew College programs are offered entirely online or in combination with on-campus study.
The Vice President for Academic Affairs serves as the senior academic officer of the College and sets the standards for educational quality. He or She is responsible for cultivating a culture of intellectual integrity, academic rigor, and responsiveness to the needs of our students and faculty. Reporting directly to the President of the College, the VP for Academic Affairs is an important member of the administrative leadership team and will work closely with other Vice-presidents, deans and program directors in developing a coherent educational vision consistent with Hebrew College’s mission.
- Ph.D. in Jewish Studies
- Experience as administrative leader of academic program(s), dean or department chair
- Experience with on-line teaching and learning
- Commitment to the intersection of academic Jewish Studies, professional leadership training and community education
- Serve as chief academic officer for the College
- Review, develop and implement academic policies for all graduate programs
- Supervise deans of graduate programs
- Nurture and guide faculty and students
- Coordinate Masters programs in Jewish Studies
- Oversee and strengthen Hebrew language programs
- Manage registrar and academic administrator
- Supervise library services
- Collaborate with community education programs and provide guidance on academic issues
- Represent the College with the regional accreditation agency (NEASC)
- Advise and participate in academic searches and appointments
- Teach at least 2 courses per year
- Oversee academic budgets
- Work closely with other senior leaders of College including marketing, development and admissions
- Foster a culture of collaboration between programs within the College
- Develop programs and strategies to reach new student markets
- Participate in fundraising for graduate programs
Hebrew College Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your resume with cover letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org via postal mail to: Human Resources, Hebrew College, 160 Herrick Road, Newton Centre, MA, 02459
|Primary Category:||Jewish History / Studies