|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New York, United States|
Title: Development Specialist
Job Opening ID: 7274
Job Family: Development and Advancement
Closing Date: January 11, 2013
Location: Queensborough CC
Position #: 00190362
Full/Part Time: F
Contributes to organizing and administering College fundraising activities.
- Manages research of potential funding sponsors
- Tracks and analyzes giving trends; prepares financial and ad-hoc reports
- Conducts data quality audits
- Oversees preparation of fundraising communication materials
- Writes grant proposals
- Recommends, implements and evaluates fundraising strategies
- May supervise office operations and/or department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name:Development Specialist
CONTRACT TITLE:Higher Education Assistant
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
As an integral member of an aggressive fundraising team, the Development Specialist will focus on cultivating and engaging alumni for the purposes of creating an enhanced pipeline of potential donors.
- Meets with alumni on an ongoing basis, producing weekly engagement reports, detailing interactions with individual alumni, including personal information, updated employment status, and interest in increasing their investment in QCC.
- Coordinates direct mail and phonathon appeals, evaluating effectiveness of ongoing efforts.
- Identifies external opportunities to promote the success of individual alumni.
- Plans and implements alumni volunteer management program, including the programming of activities of Alumni Association.
Must be available for some evening and weekend hours
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
Excellent interpersonal, oral, written and communications skills required. Ability to work quickly and independently in a fast-paced, demanding and complex work environment required.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting:Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.