Student Life Coordinator
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New York, United States|
Student Life Coordinator
Job ID: 7216
Job Family: Student Affairs/Life
Closing Date: January 5, 2013
Location: Queensborough CC
Position #: 00137191
Full/Part Time: F
Assists in preparing and providing student support services to promote the personal development of a diverse student population.
- Assists student organizations/clubs in planning, implementing events and programs, and managing expenditures
- Coordinates and helps present informational and educational programs, such as student leadership training and orientation
- Assists with the management of student affairs facilities, such as acquiring equipment and arranging event logistics
- May assume responsibility for one or more specific student programs
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Student Life Coordinator
CONTRACT TITLE:Assistant to HEO
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
All incoming freshmen are assigned to one of six Freshman Academies, designed to provide a more personalized experience for students. The academies focus on specific programs of study and include (1) Education, (2) Business, (3) Liberal Arts, (4) Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM), (5) Health Related Sciences, and (6) Visual and Performing Arts (VAPA). Each academy has one or more Student Life Coordinator(s) who provide(s) ongoing guidance to academy students through their first two semesters.
In addition to the general duties (above), the Student Life Coordinator for the Liberal Arts Academy will additionally:
- Work with Offices of Testing, Admissions, Health Services and Financial Aid to facilitate enrollment process for incoming freshmen.
- Act as liaison among freshman students and appropriate academic and student support services.
- Participate in outreach activities for the College's Early Alert program.
- Maintain ongoing communication with academy and departmental faculty.
Bachelor's degree required.
Strong written and oral communication skills required, including experience with large group presentations. Competence with technology and computer systems also required as is evidence of organizational skills and ability to multi-task important. Experience in higher education setting and/or other related area working with young adults and non-traditional students preferred. Understanding of student personnel practices, including career and academic development, is also preferred and can include related graduate study.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.