Tulane University, Newcomb College Institute
Administrative Assistant Professor / Director of Student Leadership and Engagement
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Louisiana, United States|
|Position:||Administrator, Director, Non-Tenure Track Faculty, Other Professional, Other Teaching|
The Newcomb College Institute’s mission is to educate undergraduate women for leadership in the 21st century. We support women students’ research initiatives, advocate for a gender-integrated curriculum, develop community engaged service-learning courses, promote student organizations for women, and bring women leaders to campus. The Newcomb College Institute carries on the legacy of Newcomb College by offering a women-centered educational experience in a co-educational institution. To learn more about the institute’s contributions to Tulane University and the community, visit http://tulane.edu/newcomb/.
The Newcomb College Institute is searching for an Administrative Assistant Professor/Director of Student Leadership and Engagement. This is a permanent, full time position. We are looking for someone with administrative and teaching experience (or related work with undergraduate students in a leadership context) and research interests in women’s leadership, broadly defined, with a Ph.D. in American Studies, communication studies, gender or women’s studies, history, psychology, sociology, or other related field.
- Designs, implements, and oversees leadership development, curricular, and co-curricular opportunities that support and enhance undergraduate women’s leadership experience at Tulane University, in the community, and in preparation for their future academic and professional goals.
- Oversees Newcomb student organizations and designs leadership plan for their growth and development.
- Provides information, including leadership development research, and support to Newcomb advisors.
- Teaches 1-2 courses per year related to women and leadership, which may include the leadership course for the Service Learning and Social Innovation minor, service-learning courses, TIDES courses (first year seminar), or courses on women and leadership in relevant academic units.
- Facilitates and encourages faculty involvement in organizations and programs.
- Oversees and facilitates all aspects of Student Leadership and Engagement’s involvement with annual Orientation activities.
- Serves as the institutional representative to the Public Leadership Education Network, AAUW, and other external groups.
- Some evening and weekend hours are expected to fulfill the position requirements.
- Ph.D. required by date of hire.
- Three years of experience advising or teaching undergraduate women.
- Knowledge of and experience with women’s studies or women’s higher education.
- Ability to establish relationships and work cooperatively with students, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to facilitate various committees and groups to meet established goals.
- Budgeting experience.
- At least one year working with undergraduate women student organizations in an advisory capacity.
- Research skills (qualitative and quantitative).
- Knowledge of and experience with Tulane University.
- Demonstrable experience of community engagement.
- Collaborative approach to working environment.
- Grant writing experience.
Tulane University offers a comprehensive benefits package. Salary is commensurate with experience and rank.
Visit our website at https://tulanejobs.tulane.edu/and submit your cover letter and resume to posting #1042198. Position open until filled.
Tulane University is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. We encourage applications from persons who can contribute to our organizational diversity.
For questions, contact Katherine Corbett at Newcomb College Institute via email at email@example.com. No phone calls please .
|Primary Category:||Women, Gender, and Sexuality