Hebrew University of Jerusalem, English Department
Tenure-Track Position in British or American Literature, English Department, Faculty of Humanities
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Position:||Tenure Track Faculty|
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
The Faculty of Humanities
Applications from outstanding candidates
(Ph.D. required, postdoctoral training highly desirable)
for a tenure-track position in British or American Literature
with preference for experts in specific periods
Responsibilities include teaching required and elective courses
in candidate’s field(s) of specialization (at the B.A. and M.A. degree levels) and related disciplines.
Successful candidates are expected
to conduct independent and original research at the highest academic level,
demonstrate academic leadership, apply for Israeli and international research grants,
and cooperate with other researchers within the Faculty of Humanities and other Faculties.
Candidates are requested to apply in writing to:
Professor Reuven Amitai, Dean of the Faculty of Humanities
Applicants should provide:
(1) Cover letter
(2) Confirmation of receipt of degree
(3) Curriculum Vitae (Please use – CV form)
(4) Current list of publications (Please use - List of Publication form)
(5) 2-3 page statement of research plans + a statement of teaching plans
(6) Teaching evaluations (if available, from the past three years)
(7) 2 representative publications
(8) Letters of recommendation from 2 referees to be sent directly to the Dean's office
* Additional information and forms may be found in the Faculty of Humanities website www.hum.huji.ac.il
Applications are to be submitted in English in 5 unstapled copies and on CD.
Applications submitted not according to specifications will not be considered.
Complete applications must be submitted by 1.1.2013
Finalists may be requested to deliver a lecture on the subject of their research
Rank to be determined according to the candidate's qualifications.
- The Hebrew University is an equal opportunity employer -
Professor Reuven Amitai, Dean of the Faculty of Humanities,
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Mount Scopus, Jerusalem, Israel 91905