|Location:||California, United States|
History Associates has an immediate need for an experienced intern to join our team in Brea, California. Work will be performed at the UC Riverside Special Collections and Archives department, located in the TomásRivera Library at the University of California, Riverside. This is an excellent opportunity for current archives students or recent graduates to have hands-on experience in the area of processing and writing finding aids.
Input of Collection metadata into the Archivists’ Toolkit
Master's degree in library science with a concentration in archival studies, or MLIS student with completed archival courses, seminars, internships, or practica.
- Prior experience arranging, describing, and cataloging archival records
- Understanding of and experience in implementing archival hierarchies
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of archival policies and procedures
- Ability to work independently and to exercise discretion, initiative, and judgment
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
Individuals residing in or near Riverside, CA are preferred.
This position is a paid internship. This position is not eligible for course credit. Anticipated start date December 3rd. End date on or before February 28, 2013. Intern will work Monday through Friday, eight hours per day. Some weekend hours may be required. Interns are not eligible for any benefits offered by History Associates.
Send cover letter, resume, names and phone numbers/email addresses of three references to:
History Associates Incorporated
Packages not containing all information requested will not be considered for this position.
History Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Primary Category:||Library and Information Science