Winona State University, Affirmative Action Office
Assistant Professor of Pre-1600 European History
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Minnesota, United States|
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: Probationary (9 month appointment)
SALARY: Commensurate w/Experience
RANK/TITLE: Assistant Professor
APPOINTMENT DATE: August 19, 2013
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: Probationary (Tenure-Track); 9 Month Appointment
- Teaching: Candidates are expected to teach the early segments of the Western Civilization sequence every semester. Successful candidates will have the chance to develop and teach a range of upper division courses based on their scholarly interests.
- Research: Candidates are expected to maintain an active scholarly agenda, which could include a wide range of activities but is not limited to: presenting papers, publishing articles in scholarly journals, or publishing monographs.
- Service: Candidates are expected to undertake student advising, committee work, and to participate in department meetings.
- A PhD in History in one of the following Areas of Primary Specialization: Early Modern Europe, Medieval Europe, or Ancient Mediterranean History (all requirements met by date of hire).
- A thematic or topical Secondary area of Specialization involving broad cross-cultural or comparative approaches to teaching and research. This could include: Histories of Science, Medicine, and Technology, Environmental History, or Women and Gender Studies.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching at the post secondary level.
- Research or teaching interest in Byzantium.
- Teaching experience in Social Studies and History Teaching at the secondary or middle school level. Or a willingness to address the teaching licensure exam questions that pertain to pre-1600 European history.
The applicant should demonstrate a knowledge of and interest in diverse cultures and populations.
Please submit the following materials in addition to the online application: 1) A cover letter addressing how you meet the responsibilities and qualifications in the order listed above; 2) Curriculum Vitae/ Resume; 3) Transcripts (undergraduate and graduate); 4) a list of at least 3 references, with addresses and telephone numbers; 5) An article length research writing sample; and 6) a brief statement of Teaching Philosophy (500 words).
|Secondary Categories:||Ancient History
Early Modern History and Period Studies
History of Science, Medicine, and Technology
Medieval and Byzantine History / Studies
Women, Gender, and Sexuality