Southern Methodist University, Presidential History Projects
Post-Doctoral Fellow for Presidential History Projects
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Texas, United States|
The Postdoctoral Fellow for the Center for Presidential History (CPH) will assist in the production of oral histories and other archival materials conducted by the CPH, while also furthering the fellow’s own scholarly production, particularly completion of a fellow’s first book-length manuscript for publication. This position is a term of one academic year, beginning August 1, 2013, with the possibility for a second year, by mutual consent of the program and fellow.
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct research;
- Aid in production of CPH Oral History Projects.
PhD is required. Fields of study must relate in some way to Presidential Studies broadly defined, but are anticipated to derive from the fields of history, political science, economics, sociology, or communications.
Applicants from all fields are welcome. Fellows must be in residence at SMU during the 2013-2014 academic year, and must have successfully defended their doctoral dissertation before the appointment begins.
- Preference will be given to fellows for whom additional writing time will culminate in the completion of a publishable book-length manuscript.
- Fellows must be proficient in word processing, and have ability to gain proficiency in recording and archiving materials derived from oral histories.
- Fellows will be offered shared office space, access to all SMU facilities and resources, and salary and benefits in line with the longstanding postdoctoral fellowship program at SMU’s Clements Center for Southwest Studies.
- For those fellows interested, opportunities may arise to gain additional teaching experience within their academic discipline.
For full consideration, candidate must submit the following: CV, letter of interest outlining research proposal, writing sample, and letters of reference. All documents should be submitted through the website of SMU’s Department of Human Resources at www.smu.jobs. If the writers of the applicants’ recommendation letters prefer, they may email letters directly to the Center for Presidential History at CPHinfo@smu.edu.
Full review of applications will begin on December 1, 2012, and continue until the position is filled.
To Apply: Please visit our website http://smu.edu/hr/recruit/ to access the online application. Click on Career Opportunities and apply to Job ID# 900294.
Southern Methodist University will not discriminate in any employment practice, education program, or educational activity on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status. SMU's commitment to equal opportunity includes non-discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
|Primary Category:||American History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||Political History / Studies