Queensborough Community College, Student Affairs/Student Life
Student Life International Student Manager
|Institution Type:||Two-Year College|
|Location:||New York, United States|
Job Opening ID: 6773
Job Family: Student Affairs/Student Life
Closing Date: November 12, 2012
Location: Queensborough CC
Position #: 00111610
Full/Part Time: F
Manage and coordinate services to support the success of international students.
- Creates goals and objectives that reflect Campus objectives, and evaluates performance and success
- Supervises staff and develops office policy to ensure efficient service delivery
- Drafts, recommends and implements policies and procedures on a variety of international student issues, such as admissions, health insurance, resident tuition, and English proficiency for international students
- Collaborating with student affairs colleagues, provides leadership in the development of international and diversity student activities and programs; serves as an advisor/mentor to international student organizations.
- Produces and presents relevant communications to international students, such as a handbook and orientation programs
- Oversees required activities in matters pertaining to government agencies and compliance, such as the US Department of Justice, the US Department of State, and the Internal Revenue Service
- Maintains relationships with College community, faculty and staff to provide additional support and to inform students of resources available to them.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Student Life International Student Manager
CONTRACT TITLE:Higher Education Associate
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Student Affairs, the Manager is responsible for the overall administration of the International Student Center/Study Abroad Program, which has the mission of providing opportunities for individual growth and global understanding and coordinating services to support the success of all international students.
The Manager will also:
- Manage the mandated Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS), and keep abreast of the changes and updates of the SEVIS which affect the international students.
- Review, advise, and issue the Certificate of Eligibility for Non-immigrant (F-1) Students in the QCC Degree and Language Program.
- Review, advise, and issue the J1 Certification DS-2019 to J1 students.
- Advise and supervise all Freshman and transfer F-1 students.
- In conjunction with various QCC departments, develop the F-1 Students Volunteer Program for students to gain practical job experience.
- Lead the evaluation and selection of students to study abroad.
- Serve as liaison to QCC offices such as the Bursar, Financial Aid and Registrar to ensure smooth registration, tuition and program fee payments.
- Serve as a QCC representative at relevant University meetings and events.
- Work with the faculty and administration to develop international education programs.
Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required.
Bachelor's degree and six years' related experience required.
Master's Degree preferred. The six years of experience must include working knowledge of pertinent immigration issues, as they relate to student eligibility and legal requirements. Experience with Study Abroad Program required. The qualified candidate should have experience in a diverse college setting. The candidate should have experience with operating budgets and should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a record of effectiveness in dealing with staff and faculty issues.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.