Queensborough Community College, Purchasing, Receiving & Accounts Payable
Finance and Business Affairs Director - Purchasing, Receiving & Accounts Payable
|Institution Type:||Two-Year College|
|Location:||New York, United States|
Job Opening ID: 6476
Job Family: Finance and Accounting
Closing Date: November 18, 2012
Location: Queensborough CC
Position #: 00189004
Full/Part Time: F
Directs financial and administrative operations of a College or major program.
- Manages financial resources in a fiscally responsible manner and complies with various legal regulations and University policies
- Develops financial forecasting models to support strategic planning aligned with goals and initiatives
- Manages business analyses, budget projections, allocations, financial statements, and statistical reports
- Oversees the operation of shared services, such as mail or printing services, determining service improvement strategies
- Develops and manages relationships in regard to fiduciary responsibilities with external institutions, including government agencies, corporations, and funding entities
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Finance and Business Affairs Director
CONTRACT TITLE: Higher Education Officer
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Business & Administrative Services and Comptroller, the Finance and Business Affairs Director will be responsible for the College source-to-pay process and will oversee the Purchasing, Receiving and Accounts Payable departments. The successful candidate will lead the development and execution of the strategy for the source-to-pay process to ensure consistency in processes, maximization of the CUNYfist technology and systems.
This role will also ensure that the end-to-end business function and process is optimizing sourcing and supplier management, vendor relationships, efficient receiving, and timely and controlled settlement and payment. The Director will also be responsible for the development of metrics and reporting to ensure the highest levels of internal control, maximization of college resources and customer service.
In addition, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following initiatives:
- Lead source-to-pay business process analysis efforts for the campus community to advance organizational effectiveness by streamlining and standardizing business processes while fostering an environment of continuous process improvement.
- Develop and manage client and departmental relationships to improve business processes.
- Perform complex data analysis and develop solutions for appropriate management processes and the identification and implementation of best practices in procurement, payables and receiving.
- Interface with clients to identify key issues and develop recommendations.
- Define, develop and execute project plans, schedules, and deliverables as appropriate.
- Oversee the procurement of all goods and services necessary for a College's operations within the parameters of CUNY and NYC procurement regulations.
- Represent the College on purchasing and contract matters, providing expertise and guidance during the bidding, selection, negotiation and contract processes.
- Manage and supervise the purchasing office staff to assure all activities related to goods and services are performed in accordance with the applicable guidelines and regulations.
- Manage the Board Resolution process for contracts and purchases in excess of mandated amounts.
- Liaison with College, University and governmental representatives.
- Provide reports to the executive administration on department operations as required.
The Director will serve as the Queensborough Business & Administrative Services purchasing and accounts payable liaison to The City University of New York Central Office and the NYC Controller's Office.
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' related experience required.
- MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years' combined experience with proven expertise in financial management, procurement, and business process improvement preferred
- Proven project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide innovative leadership in the issues related to the key procurement and operating disciplines
- Demonstrated competence in cost reduction and process improvement
- Strong analytical and strategic problem solving capabilities
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Queensborough is looking for a candidate who is interpersonally savvy and has strong collaboration and organizational skills to effectively communicate at all organizational levels and with outside suppliers.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
From our job posting system, select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.