Tuskegee University, College of Agriculture, Environment and Nutrition Sciences
Journal Managing Editor-PAWC
|Location:||Alabama, United States|
- Assist editors in updating, maintaining and managing college journal websites using Open Journal Systems (OJS)
- Communicate effectively electronically, verbally, and in writing with authors, research scientists, and professionals submitting manuscripts for publication.
- Receive, send, and track articles for peer review
- Manage efficiently scientific review panels and prepare summary evaluation reports for submitted articles.
- Assist Journal Editors in the daily office operations of the Journal activities and serve as the main liaison between the editors and publication authors.
- Assist editor in minor article reformatting for publication
- Monitor and collect data on the use and access to the electronic journals such as hits, quotes, and citations by the intended users
- BS Degree in sciences, social sciences or related field with interest and aptitude in writing and communications or BS Degree in English or Communications or related field with interest and aptitude in the sciences and social sciences
- Excellent command of computer skills and some knowledge of Open Journal Systems.
- Proven effective communication capabilities, including verbal, written, and “people’” skills.
- First-rate mastery of organizational and office management skills.
- Provide excellent customer service in a courteous manner
- Must be a team player
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- Preferred successful experience as an Editor or Assistant to the Editor
- Master’s degree (M.S./M.A) in related field
|Primary Category:||Journalism and Media Studies
|Secondary Categories:||Social Sciences