Dixie State College, History
Tenure Track Faculty position in Asian/Chinese History
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Utah, United States|
|Position:||Tenure Track Faculty|
· Teach 27 credits per academic year in World and Asian History.
· Assist in the establishment and growth of a bachelor’s degree program in history.
· Serve on college, division and departmental committees as assigned.
· Advise students on general education and discipline-specific requirements.
· Ability and willingness to adapt courses to current technology and possibly teach in a distance learning environment.
· Should be technology literate and/or are willing to become certified in online instruction and teach one or more courses online and/or in a blended format.
· Ph.D. in History with emphasis in Chinese and/or East Asian History as well as World History.
· Commitment to teaching excellence.
· Ability to mentor undergraduate students pursuing research experience.
· An eagerness to engage with colleagues, staff, and administrators to develop ways to improve the educational experience of our students.
· Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
· Ability and willingness to additionally offer US survey courses preferred.
Terms of Contract: Tenure track (9 month) faculty position. Begins fall semester (August 2013). Salary is based on a nationally competitive Dixie State College faculty salary schedule. Excellent benefit package included. This position is contingent upon funding.
Electronic Application Procedures: Application review begins November 1, 2012, open until filled. Submit cover letter, resume, contact information for three references (including email) and unofficial transcripts electronically at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/dixie/default.cfm. Employment may be contingent upon positive results of a background check. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office (435) 652-7520.
DSC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The College is firmly committed to non-discrimination and affirmative action and it is the policy of the College to strive to afford equal opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of their religion, race, color, age, disability, gender, Vietnam or disabled veterans status or national origin and to conform to applicable laws and regulations.
|Primary Category:||Asian History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||Chinese History / Studies