|Location:||Arkansas, United States|
History Associates has an immediate need for an experienced Processing Archivists to join our extensive and growing National Park Service team. The position is located at the Buffalo River State Park in Arkansas. If you enjoy the great outdoors, hiking and camping, riding the rapids and visiting historic homesteads and prehistoric sites this is the job for you. There are also many nearby attractions outside of the park within short driving distances which make living in this area very appealing. One can visit www.nps.gov/buffto see more about the park location
The Processing Archivists will implement previously developed processing plans.
Master's degree in library science, history, or related discipline with a concentration in archival studies or archival courses, seminars, internships, or practica.
- Ability to pass a National Agency Check
- One year of experience arranging, describing, and cataloging archival records
- Understanding of and experience in implementing archival hierarchies
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of archival policies and procedures
- Experience cataloging archival collections using CMS databases
- Ability to work independently and to exercise discretion, initiative, and judgment
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated experience with the NPSMuseumHandbook, Part II Museum Records, especially Appendix D: Museum Archives and Manuscript Collections
- Demonstrated experience creating catalog records for archival collections in Re:discovery ICMS or ANCS+
Send cover letter, resume, finding aid, sample catalog record, transcripts, and names and phone numbers/email addresses of three references to:
History Associates Incorporated
Packages not containing all information requested will not be considered for this position.
History Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Primary Category:||Library and Information Science
|Secondary Categories:||Historic Preservation