|Location:||District of Columbia, United States|
Job Title:HISTORIAN (ORAL)
Department:Department Of The Army
Agency:Field Operating Agency of Army Staff Resourced OA-22
Job Announcement Number:NEHT10526206D
$62,467.00 - $97,333.00 /year
Thursday, October 07, 2010 to Thursday, October 14, 2010
SERIES & GRADE:
- This is a Permanent position. -- Full Time
12 FPL 12
1 vacancy - DC - Washington
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED:
Challenge Yourself - Be an Army Civilian - Go Army!
· Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligibles.
· All U. S. citizens.
Additional Duty Location Info:
1 vacancy - DC - Washington
In this position you will serve as a historian responsible for coordinating the U.S. Army oral history program, conducting the Center of Military History's End-of-Tour interview program, and preparing historical studies for the Headquarters, Department of the Army. You will prepare for and conduct oral history interviews with key Army personnel, both military and civilian, and other individuals identified for reasons of historical significance. You will respond to verbal and written inquiries from Army, Defense Department, and other federal government officials and members of the media and public. And you will plan, research and write special historical studies on issues of contemporary interest to the Army leadership.
Qualifications and Evaluations
Click on link below to view qualification standard.
· SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT for GS-11:
Candidates for this position must identify in their resume that they possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09, that provided an knowledge of;
(1)knowledge of military history and the ability to conduct historical research to prepare for and conduct oral history interviews;
(2) knowledge of oral history methods to transcribe, edit, and otherwise preserve oral history and other documentary materials; and
(3) knowledge of military history and the ability to research and write responses to historical inquiries, historical papers, and portions of larger historical studies.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT for GS-12:
Candidates for this position must identify in their resume that they possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-011, that provided an knowledge of;
(1) knowledge of oral history methods and historical methodology to catalog, evaluate, and analyze oral history and other documentary materials;
(2) knowledge of military history and the ability to prepare information papers, briefings, and larger written studies on a full range of historical issues of interest to the military.
BASIC REQUIREMENT: In addition to meeting the specialized experience above applicants MUST POSSESS;
A. Degree: history; or related field that included at least 18 semester hours in history; or
B. Combination of education and experience--courses equivalent to a major in history, or a major in a related field that included at least 18 semester hours in history, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
· One year of experience in the same or similar work equivalent to at least the next lower grade or level requiring application of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the position being filled.
· Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please include this information in your resume.
· The experience described in your resume will be evaluated and screened for the Office of Personnel Management's basic qualifications requirements, and the skills needed to perform the duties of this position as described in this vacancy announcement. Resumes are rated using a numeric rating procedure. Qualified candidates will be assigned a raw score between 70 and 100 based on posession of job-related skills. Additional points for veterans' preference will be added to the raw score, as appropriate.
· GS-11: Bachelor's degree directly related to this occupation and 1 year of experience directly related to this occupation equivalent to the next lower grade level, or 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. degree or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree.
· GS-12 and above: Bachelor's degree directly related to this occupation and 1 year of experience directly related to this occupation equivalent to the next lower grade level.
Click here for more information.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
· The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
· Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
· Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
· You may claim Military Spouse Preference.
· Applicants claiming veteran's preference must clearly show an entitlement to such preference on the resume/supplemental data submitted.
· Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in the vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
· One year trial/probationary period may be required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Resumes will be evaluated for basic qualifications requirements and for the skills needed to perform the duties of the position, as described in this vacancy announcement and identified by the Selecting Official for the position.
Benefits and Other Info
The Department of Defense offers excellent benefits programs some of which may include:
· Comprehensive health and life insurance
· Competitive salaries
· Generous retirement programs
· Paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation time
· Flexible work environment and alternate work schedules
· Paid employment related training and education
· Possible student loan repayment
· Payment of licenses, certification, and academic degrees as applicable
· Bonuses, incentives, and awards as appropriate for the job.
Click here for more information.
· To successfully claim veteran's preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
· Management may select at any of the grade levels announced.
· Noncompetitive promotion potential to target grade.
· Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
· The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. The DoD policy is available on http://www.cpms.osd.mil/ASSETS/E8AB932EA1E44617BAC7222922E42A62/DoDI140025-V300.pdf
· Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
· In accordance with section 9902(h) of title 5, United States Code, annuitants reemployed in the Department of Defense shall receive full annuity and salary upon appointment. They shall not be eligible for retirement contributions, participation in the Thrift Savings Plan, or a supplemental or redetermined annuity for the reemployment period. Discontinued service retirement annuitants (i.e., retired under section 8336(d)(1) or 8414(b)(1)(A) of title 5, United States Code) appointed to the Department of Defense may elect to be subject to retirement provisions of the new appointment as appropriate. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
· Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
Other Advantages: RELOCATION / RECRUITMENT INCENTIVE may be considered up to
25% of salary contingent upon eligibility and senior level approval.
Position is located on secured Army installation in southwestern Washington, D.C.; Free Parking; Minutes from Arlington, VA; Eligible for transit subsidy program; 3 Blocks from Washington D.C. Metro Rail Waterfront Station on the Green Line
HOW TO APPLY:
Click here for more information.
Resumes must be received by the closing date of this announcement.
· Self-nomination must be submitted by the closing date. Applicants wishing to withdraw from consideration may contact the Central Resume Processing Center at (410) 306- 0137 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Resume must be on file in our centralized database.
· Announcements close at 12:00am (midnight) Eastern Time.
· You must have an ACTIVE resume with the Army Centralized Resumix database before you submit your Self-nomination. If you do not have an ACTIVE resume on file, please click here to use the Army Resume Builder to create or update your resume.
· You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
Agency Contact Info:
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
Once this announcement closes, candidates will be evaluated using an automated system, (Resumix) which compares your skills and experience as described in your resume with the requirements of the position. If you are found to be a highly qualified candidate, you will be referred to the selecting official for further consideration. (In some cases, individuals with priority for special consideration must be considered and selected before other candidates.) Whether or not you are contacted for an interview depends upon the location of the position and the judgment of the selecting official. You can view the status of announcements that you applied for through our automated response system, ANSWER, accessed through our Civilian Personnel On-Line web page.
|Primary Category:||Military History
|Secondary Categories:||Oral History