University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, Program in American Culture
Assistant Professor in Digital Environments
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Michigan, United States|
DIGITAL ENVIRONMENTS. As part of a cluster hire that involves similar hires in the Department of English, the Department of Communication Studies, and the School of Information, the Program in American Culture (AC) at the University of Michigan invites applications for a tenure-track university-year assistant professorship in “Digital Environments” beginning September 1, 2011.
Scholars examining all aspects of digital media (e.g., Internet, ethnographies or cultural histories of new media, dynamics of social networking, new technologies of political organizing, games and gaming, etc.) from the perspectives of American studies, American ethnic studies, and/or American cultural studies, are encouraged to apply. Ph.D. required prior to employment.
All application materials must be submitted electronically (in Microsoft Word or PDF format) to <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Applicants should send
1. Cover letter addressed to Chair, Digital Environments Search Committee
3. Evidence of Scholarship (i.e., writing sample)
4. Statement of teaching philosophy and experience
5. Evidence of teaching excellence (i.e., teaching evaluations)
6. Statement of current and future research plans
7. Three or more letters of recommendation should be sent to <email@example.com> directly from the signer (or credentialing service) from an institutional e-mail address.
Screening of applications will begin November 1, 2010 with plans to conduct preliminary interviews in December 2010.
Women and minority applicants are especially encouraged to apply. The University of Michigan is supportive of the needs of dual career couples and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Chair, Digital Environments Search Committee <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|Primary Category:||American History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||Digital Humanities