- " Your job guide remains the undisputed leader of academic job search facilities. Keep up the good work. "
- " I was on the job market for many years before finding my current position. The Job Guide was an essential tool in looking for posts. "
- " It's a GREAT service. I use the CFP's ALL the time! It's been great for my friends looking for jobs! "
- " H-Net is an excellent resource. The website has played a significant role in my professional career development. It provides an incredible amount of vital information: jobs, fellowships, conferences, archival resources, syllabi, groundbreaking books... and so much more! The discussion areas are valuable as well; having the opportunity to network with such a vast expanse of scholars is remarkable. "
- " The H-Net job guide, fellowship listings, and announcements are invaluable services. "
- " The Job Search listings have been very helpful in getting applicants to the numerous searches I have led as chair of the History Department. "
"I heard about my new job on H-Net" has been a familiar expression for over twenty years since H-Net began distributing position announcements to its global audience of 180,000 scholars, teachers, and administrators at academic and nonprofit institutions.
The Job Guide is the premier source of information about academic job postings in the US and abroad. Increasingly, the Job Guide serves the non-academic world of non-profits, government, and NGOs, as well as for-profit companies seeking high quality candidates with specialized training and experience. The active community of researchers, teachers, and scholarly professionals already collaborating through H-Net's 180+ public networks is a highly motivated, self-selecting audience with established networks within and outside of the academy. The Job Guide is a simple, effective way for employers to connect with H-Net’s audience to find the right candidate for the job. Revenue from the H-Net Job Guide recovers the cost of all H-Net's services to the public while it supports the work of hundreds of volunteer editors.
All Job Guide announcements are freely, publicly available.
For $300 employers and agencies can:
- Write and format the text of their own notices, with no word limit.
- Post several positions in one announcement.
- Make changes at will with no extra cost.
- Keep any number of announcements active for up to nine months from the posting date.
- Pay by check or credit card via an encrypted, secure site.
- Distribute their announcement through H-Net's powerful communication channels: H-Announce, our Job Guide weekly digest for editors, and individual networks targeted by field or discipline.
- Support H-Net's nonprofit mission to the academic community.
- Get a 15% discount for ad agencies.
Distinguish your posting by adding a logo and making it a featured notice (additional fees apply).
Learn more about these features, plus policies concerning content, fee waivers, discounts, and other details.