Featured Job Postings [view all]
- Westlake University, Teaching Faculty Positions in Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences, posted 92 days ago
- College of Charleston, Visiting Assistant Professor, U.S. History, posted 29 days ago
- Stanford University, Japanese Studies Librarian, posted 32 days ago
About the H-Net Job Guide
The H-Net Job Guide began over twenty years ago as a service to professionals and institutions in the Humanities and Social Sciences and to support H-Net's broader mission of advancing communications and publishing in new media.
H-Net's highly motivated, self-selecting audience consists of individuals who have or are pursuing advanced degrees and are committed to the humanities and social sciences. They include graduate students, K-12 teachers, archivists, librarians, other interested professionals, and recent college graduates seeking meaningful employment that will make use of their advanced skills and specialized areas of study. Because of our diverse audience we are able to offer a wide range of academic and non-academic job announcements in non-profit and for-profit fields and government. With over 100,000 page views per week, the H-Net Job Guide is one of H-Net's most visible components.
The Job Guide is free to the job seeker but we do collect a fee of $300 (US dollars) from the job poster. This fee helps us to continue to maintain and improve the H-Net Job Guide. However, as H-Net considers the Job Guide a service to the academic community we do grant fee waivers (see the Job Guide Policy page for more information) on a case-by-case basis to those institutions and non-profit organizations genuinely unable to make payment.
For more information about H-Net please see the About H-Net page.
For information on the Job Guide's privacy and posting policies, see the Job Guide Policy page.
Why you should use the H-Net Job Guide:
- You are supporting H-Net's nonprofit services to the humanities and social sciences.
- The service is simple to use and free to the job seeker.
- Users can fully search and sort posts from academic, non-profit, and for-profit employers quickly and accurately.
- Organizations may display full color logos with their announcement.
- Organizations using the Featured Announcement option have their notice prominently displayed on the Job Guide's main pages, across the H-Net Commons, and distributed via H-Net's social media channels.
- Organizations may display full color logos with their posts.
- Payment may be made by credit card or check.
- There is no word limit on announcements
- Announcements can include multiple vacancies for the same price.
- There is a 15% discount for ad agencies.