About the H-Net Job Guide
The H-Net Job Guide is proud to be one of the leading sources of position announcements in the fields of the Humanities and Social Sciences. H-Net's broad audience includes: graduate students, K-12 teachers, archivists, librarians, interested professionals, the educated general public and many others. Because of our diverse audience we are able to offer a wide range of academic and non-academic job announcements. With over 100,000 page views per week, the H-Net Job Guide is one of H-Net's most visible components.
The Job Guide is free to the job seeker but we do collect a fee of $140 (US dollars) from the job poster. This fee helps us to continue to maintain and improve the H-Net Job Guide. However, as H-Net considers the Job Guide a service to the academic community we do grant fee waivers (see the Job Guide Policy page for more information) on a case-by-case basis to those institutions and NPOs genuinely unable to make payment.
For more information about H-Net please see the About H-Net page.
For information on the Job Guide's privacy and posting policies, see the Job Guide Policy page.Why you should use the H-Net Job Guide:
- You are supporting H-Net's nonprofit services to the academic community.
- The service is free to the job seeker.
- Users can fully search and sort ads quickly and accurately.
- Organizations may display full color logos with their ad.
- Organizations may place their ad as a feature ad, prominently displayed on the Job Guide's main pages.
- Payment may be made by credit card, check, or wire transfer.
- There is no word limit on ads.
- There is a 15% discount for ad agencies.