The SSRC Korean Studies Dissertation Workshop seeks to create a sustained network of advanced graduate students and faculty engaged in research on Korea. The four-day workshop provides an informal setting for participants to give and receive critical feedback on dissertations in progress.
Individual students will lead discussions of their projects with mentor faculty and peers from various disciplines to receive creative and critical input on improving their fieldwork plans or writing strategies. This year's mentor faculty are:
• Kelly Chong (University of Kansas)
• Eleana Kim (University of Rochester)
• Kyu Hyun Kim (University of California at Davis)
• Jun Yoo (University of Hawaii at Manoa)
• Only full-time advanced graduate students, regardless of citizenship, who are enrolled at US or Canadian institutions are eligible.
• Participants may be in any social science or humanities field.
• Applicants must have an approved dissertation prospectus but cannot have completed writing for final submission.
• Special consideration will be given to students from universities that are not major Korean Studies institutions.
Korean Studies Dissertation Workshop
Social Science Research Council
One Pierrepont Plaza, 15th Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Tel: 212-377-2700 ext. 3640
Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Visit the website at http://www.ssrc.org/fellowships/ksdw/
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)