The Paris Institute for Advanced Studies welcomes applications from all over the world from established scholars and scientists in the fields of the humanities, the social sciences and related fields for periods of five or nine months, respectively. The Paris IAS will host twenty international guest researchers for 2014-2015 to work freely on the project of their choice, to benefit from the scientific environment of the Institute, and to create contacts with researchers in the academic institutions of Greater Paris.
Deadline for applications: April 30, 2014
Applicants may request residencies for the following periods:
1 September 2015 to 31 January 2016 (5 months) or 1 October 2015 to 30 June 2016 (9 months)
or 1 February to 30 June 2016 (5 months)
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY
Researchers from all countries are eligible.
Applicants, who have spent more than a total of 12 months in France during the last 3 years prior to the application, are not eligible.
This call for applications is open to :
• Senior Fellows: having a full professorship or seniority at the professor-level and having a minimum of 10 years of full time research experience
• Junior Fellows: Having the status of postdoctoral researcher, holding a position in a university or research institution, and having a minimum of 3 and maximum of 9 years of full-time research experience after the Ph.D.
The institute is bilingual. Knowledge of English is required. The applicants are also expected to understand French, as scientific and social activities are held in French and English.
Criteria of selection:
- The scientific quality of the project;
- The career path of the applicant;
- The expected contribution of the applicant to the academic environment of the Greater Paris area. attested by a letter of cooperation whith a French university, preferably one of the IEA’s partners (Universités Paris 1, 3, 4, 6, 7 and 10, EHESS, EPHE, ENS Cachan, ENS Paris, FMSH) ;
- The applicants expressed interest for participating in the activities of the IEA and in engaging in intellectual exchanges with the other fellows
- Applicants must know English and understand French.
The application, in English or French, must be submitted via an online application system (see our website http://paris-iea.fr/en/how-create-application for a detailed description of the procedure). Paper applications are not accepted.
The application consists of the following items:
• The completed application form
• A curriculum vitae (10 pages maximum) including a list of publications and a list of the 5 publications considered as most important by the applicant
• A description of the research project (between 5 and 10 pages). This description should include: - a definition of the central theme;
- a description of the methodology; - a selected bibliography on the topic; - a short summary of the project in English or in French.
• A letter of cooperation signed by a member of a university or research institution based in France. Preference will be given to projects conducted in cooperation with the partners of the IAS (Universities of Paris 1, 3, 4, 6, 7 and 10, EHESS, EPHE, ENS Cachan, ENS, Paris, FMSH).
• In the case of Junior Fellows, two letters of recommendation.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)