PhD Workshop - Call for proposals
Under the Auspices of the Minister of Defence of the Republic of Bulgaria
Like in former years the Educational Committee of the International Commission of Military History invites young ph.d. students to take part in a workshop for young scholars who are still working or have just finished their ph.d. thesis on a subject dealing with SOCIO-ECONOMIC AND CULTURAL ASPECTS OF WORLD WAR I.
The purpose of the workshop is to give young scholars the opportunity of discussing their projects with young as well as experienced colleagues from more than 40 Countries.
We expect a talk of 30 Minutes. A Printed version may be published in the conference proceedings to be published in 2015.
In Return we offer a reduced congress fee (150 €) and reduced student accommodation (40 €) as well an allowance of 150 €.
Applicants should offer papers dealing with
- The experience of war in letters, carnets, diaries and memoires
- The debate on consent or coercion of the servicemen
- Resistance, mutinies, discipline, and court-martial law
- Gender and War
- War economy
- Home front problems: e.g. Nutrition and Food Crises
- Peace movements and strikes
- Science, Humanities, and War
- Memory and Commemoration and their Impact upon the Politics of National Identity,
- Memory and Commemoration in War Museums, War Memorials, Public History, Art and Literature,
Applicants should send their proposals to the Secretary General of the Educational Committee, Prof. Dr. Michael Epkenhans (Center for Military History and Social Sciences, Potsdam, Germany).
The Deadline for submitting proposals ends 31 March 2014.
The Educational Committee will inform all applicants about the acceptance of their proposals no later than 1 May 2014
Prof. Dr. Michael Epkenhans
Center for Military History and Social Sciences of the German Armed Forces
0049-331-9714507 Email: email@example.com
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)