The Portuguese Anglo-American Studies Association will hold its 2014 conference in the Algarve, Portugal.
Multicultural and intercultural interactions have become part of everyday life and have brought new challenges for society as well as for education practices and educational politics. Words such as «multicultural» and «intercultural» are often voiced and the number of publications on this topic has increased over the last decades. Nonetheless, there is still a great need for research in this area to help us deal with and overcome the challenges placed by the diversity and inequality in a society that we wish to be inclusive.
We welcome contributions on the following topics:
- Anglo-Portuguese and Portuguese-American relations;
- Multiculturalism in language and literature teaching contexts;
- Intercultural misunderstandings and mishaps in the context of English-speaking countries;
- Intercultural competence: definitions and theoretical concepts;
- Ongoing research and approaches on teaching related to multicultural issues;
- Cultural and language issues related to migration.
Department of Languages, Literatures and Cultures
School of Education and Communication
University of the Algarve
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)