CFP- Online Courtship: Interpersonal Interactions across Borders
Call for Papers Date:
Call for papers:
“Online Courtship: Interpersonal Interactions across Borders”
Editors: I. Alev Degim, James Johnson and Tao Fu
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Apologies for cross postings.
We are seeking papers for an edited volume on Online Dating practices across the world. The volume will be published by the Institute of Network Cultures, from Amsterdam in 2014 and all the papers will go through blind review process. You can find previous publications by INC on the website:
The authors can explore the following topics, but are not limited to:
- Online Dating practices in specific countries (case studies),
- Online dating and cultural practices,
- Online dating as discourse,
- Social norms and traditions as continuations and/or conflicts on online environments,
- Psychological and social implications of online dating,
- Political economy of online dating (monopolies and conglomerates controlling our emotional world),
- Self-presentation of males and females in dating TV programs and at online dating sites,
- Globalization, neo-liberalism, and online dating,
- Online dating and identity, race, gender, sexual orientation.
Abstracts of 500 words should be sent to email@example.com until 5 December 2013. We will contact authors of the accepted manuscripts by early January with further details.
Please don’t hesitate to contact if you have any questions.
Southern Illinois University
College of Mass Communication and Media Arts
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)