Special Issue of the journal Teorija in praksa: JFK Assassination The Rise and Fall of the Camelot
Associate Editor: dr. Karmen terk
If old enough, everybody remembers where they were when the twin towers collapsed, when Princess Diana died, when JFK was shot. There are moments in our shared collective and personal memory that set our perception of time to before and after the Event. As if since that moment nothing was ever quite the same again. On November 22 2013 we will commemorate the 50th anniversary of the death of a man and the birth of a legend the assassination of John F. Kennedy. The special issue of the journal intends to address the multilayered effects this assassination had on politics, culture, and society.
This special issue welcomes original, high-quality contributions that have not been published nor submitted to any journals. As the papers will be subject to double-blind revision process, authors are asked to remove any self-identifying citations. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- The Johnson administration congruencies and disagreements;
- The Kennedy assassination as an Event - Alain Badiou confronts Dealey Plaza;
- September 11th and the Kennedy assassination continuities and discontinuities;
- JFK vs. RFK personalities, political agenda, rhetoric;
- The Kennedy assassination and the reorganization of federal institutions CIA, FBI, ATF;
- Political heritage of the Kennedy charisma B. Clinton and B. Obama standing on the shoulders of JFK;
- JFK and popular culture O. Stone and M. Monroe;
- JFK and the countercultures of the USA the politics of Woodstock;
- The Kennedy assassination as 'the mother of all conspiracies' conspiracy theories and Western practical reason;
- JFK assassination and the American dream from inaugural address to end of Camelot;
- The man who accompanied Jacqueline Kennedy to Paris Jackie Kennedy and the impact of the First ladies on fashion industry.
The editor of the special issue is happy to discuss initial ideas for papers, and can be contacted at any time.
Notification of Intent/Abstracts due: 15 October 2013
The abstract should contain at least 200 words.
Abstract Acceptance/Non-Acceptance Email Notification: 17 October 2013
Deadline for papers submission: 17 November 2013
Notification of acceptance: 22 November 2013
Estimated publication: December 2013
The length of finished papers should be between 5000 and 6500 words. Authors should submit papers by e-mail as a Microsoft Word file attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com. If accepted for publication, the authors will be asked to conform to our style guidelines: http://www.teorijainpraksa.si/Default%20English.htm
The journal Teorija in praksa is the longest running published interdisciplinary journal of social sciences in Slovenia, founded by the Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana in 1964. It is published bimonthly. Further information on the journal: http://www.teorijainpraksa.si/Default%20English.htm
Journal is abstracted / indexed in: Scopus, International Political Science Abstract (IPSA), CSA Worldwide Political Science Abstracts (CSA WPSA), IBZ-Online, CSA Sociological Abstracts (CSA SA), SA Social Services Abstracts (CSA SSA), etc.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)