Theme: ON PLURALITY AND MINORITY
Date: 6-8 December 2013
Venue: UIN Sunan Kalijaga, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Al-Jami'ah is pleased to announce the call for papers presented at Al-Jami’ah Forum. The Forum aims at gathering scholars, researches, and observers of Islam and Muslim society studies who devote their studies on various current issues related to plurality and minority focusing on current situation of the Muslim world to present their papers.
All approaches and perspectives -theological, or from those of humanities and social sciences- are welcome. Themes of the Forum as follows:
- History of Islam by which presenters can explain the extent to which the issues, and definition, of pluralism and minority have evolved and perhaps intertwine.
- States' policies and treatments of, and societal responses to, minority groups across countries, covering themes such as minority Muslims in non-Muslim communities, and of non-Muslims in Muslim communities, and other cases between different faiths.
- The fate of minority groups, including disabled people and other marginal groups in religious communities.
Issues around local and global religions (various mystical sects: aliran kebatinan dan kepercayaan and ‘deviant’ sects in Indonesia), including all discussions of inter-religious relation between major world religions and local religious traditions.
- Theories and approaches to the study of plurality and minority, seen from philosophical, theological, and other approaches from humanity and social sciences.
- NGOs activities in defending the rights of minorities and marginal groups.
- Religious establishment institutions and their responses to various new religious groups or sects.
Anyone interested in participating the conference, please send abstract between 150 – 300 words no later than 7 October 2013 to the email: email@example.com. Notification of the result of selection will be announced through email and Al-Jami’ah's website at http://aljamiah.org. Selected presenters should send their full paper before 28 November 2013. The Forum will be held at UIN Sunan Kalijaga Yogyakarta, Indonesia on 6-8 December 2013.
Promising papers, after the process of peer reviews, will be published by al-Jami’ah: Journal of Islamic Studies in the next year edition.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)