Indigenous Erotica: An Anthology of Art, Wit, and Cultural Truth
Call for Papers Date:
Wild Blackhorse Press invites fresh, original short stories and poetry by Indigenous writers for its new anthology, “Indigenous Erotica." The anthology will celebrate the art, wit, and cultural truth of Indigenous sensuality, passion, and true seduction.
We are NOT seeking the sentimental Hallmark verse, not the purely pornographic, and certainly not the exploitative. We are seeking the intimate and/or erotic relationships between lovers. Representations of all pairings and relationship dynamics are encouraged. Explicit depictions of sex are not required; but also don’t just tell us ABOUT the act of love-–be a lover!
Here's how to contribute:
• Send 1-5 poems and/or 1-3 short stories.
• Send work as an RTF document.
• Proof all work PRIOR to submission (Spell check, punctuate properly, and thoroughly scan for homophonic errors).
• Provide 1" margins, no headers.
• Use 12pt Times New Roman font, double-spaced.
• Number the pages.
• Indent paragraphs (No extra line between paragraphs).
• Format your document with a 10pt footer that includes your pen name, your legal name, mailing address, and email address.
• Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, but let us know if you are submitting elsewhere.
• Previously published works are acceptable, but include where and when they were published. By submitting, you are acknowledging that you retain rights for republication.
• Include a brief (150-word) bio.
• Submission deadline: August 31, 2013.
• Send submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wild Blackhorse Press is a group of Indigenous writers, artists, editors, and teachers that formed to provide what remains rare in modern publishing-–an outlet that encourages, nurtures, and respects the real voices of Indigenous writers of all ages, everywhere.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)