Due to high demand, we have extended the application deadline to FRIDAY, MAY 3, 2013.
TRAVEL GRANTS 2013: Sixth Annual ASMEA Conference
"Tides of Change: Looking Back and Forging Ahead
in the Middle East & Africa"
November 21-23, 2013
Key Bridge Marriott Hotel * Washington, D.C.
We are pleased to announce a new travel grant of up to $500 to professors and students who wish to attend our upcoming 6th Annual Conference.
To apply for the ASMEA Travel Grant:
• Applicants must be engaged in ongoing study of the Middle East or Africa and enrolled in a Ph.D. program (preferably with M.A. complete), or serve in a post-doc capacity, or serve as a visiting/ adjunct/ assistant professor teaching a minimum of two courses per semester
• Each grant may be used to cover hotel, conference registration, transportation, and related costs.
• Applications must be accompanied by a paper proposal for the conference. Paper proposals must be relevant to the regions of study and represent new and un-published research. Students may submit research poster proposals.
• Professors/post-docs must submit a brief letter of reference from their department chair. Students must submit proof of enrollment.
• Applicants must be members of ASMEA at the time the award is made.
• The application deadline is Friday, May 3.
For questions about ASMEA, the travel grants, or the Annual Conference, please do not hesitate to contact us at 202-429-8860 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)