The Käte Hamburger Kolleg “Dynamics in the History of Religions between Asia and Europe” at Ruhr University Bochum, Germany, invites applications for two visiting fellowships for research on the history of Central Asian religions and on the history of religions in the ancient Near East during the academic year 2013, from April 2013 to March 2014.
- opportunity for dedicated research in an interdisciplinary and international environment;
- generous scholarship (up to 70.000 € p.a. ~ 85.000 US $ depending on the applicant's status, either as a direct grant or as a salary for a substitute);
- good infrastructure (libraries etc.);
- free lodging in an adequate apartment;
- travel expenses related to research activities;
- means for organizing a workshop or small conference.
- fellowship Central Asia: research on the history of Central Asian religions from the early modern times to the present day, with special regard to inter-religious contact and transfer;
- fellowship ancient Near East: research on the history of religions in the ancient Near East, with special regard to inter-religious contact and transfer;
- your presence during the fellowship term;
- commited participation in the ongoing activities of the Käte Hamburger Kolleg;
- substantial research results in form of publications.
Both fresh and senior scholars may apply.
The Ruhr University Bochum is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women and members of minorities to apply. Applications are expected to include a letter of interest, a current résumé, a list of publications, and an exposé of the intended research of about five pages. Please e-mail your application by 15 November 2012 at the latest to:
Lucia an der Brügge | email@example.com
Käte Hamburger Kolleg “Dynamics in the History of Religions between Asia and Europe”
For further information please consult our website!
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)