The Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library invites applications for the Formby Research Fellowships which support short-term fellowships of 1-3 months. The fellowships, which carry a stipend of $2,000 per month and must be taken between June 1, 2013 and May 31, 2014, are open to researchers residing outside the Lubbock area. Funding for the fellowships comes from the Sharleen and Marshall Formby Endowment.
• SWC/SCL research topics include: the American West, ranching, agriculture, transportation, politics, wind research, Texas music, military affairs, the financial planning movement, water resources, oil production, and the environment.
• The James Sowell Family Collection in Literature, Community and the Natural World includes the papers of contemporary writers on the literature of place: Rick Bass, Max Crawford, David James Duncan, Gretel Ehrlich, Bill Kittredge, Barry Lopez, Walter McDonald, Bill McKibben, Susan Brind Morrow, Gary Paul Nabhan, Doug Peacock, David Quammen, Pattiann Rogers, Sandra Scofield, and Annick Smith.
Applicants should submit the following:
(1) cover sheet stating a) name, b) title of project, c) expected period of residence, d) institutional affiliation, e) mailing and email address, f) telephone numbers;
(2) a letter (not to exceed 1,000 words) which briefly describes the project, states the specific relevance of the Library's collections to the project, and indicates expected results of the research (such as publications);
(3) a curriculum vita or resume; and
(4) one letter of reference.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)