Two years ago, Dr. Ingo Trauschweizer and Dr. David Ulbrich established the book series “War and Society in the Midwest” at Ohio University Press. Now, this series has a new title with a broader focus. The co-editors invite proposals on war and society in areas now comprising the United States and Canada from the pre-colonial period to the present. Outstanding monographs, surveys, anthologies, or edited primary source collections will be considered on the following:
• military histories of conventional and unconventional conflicts on the North American continent
• studies of peace movements and pacifist attitudes in North America
• biographies of individuals and groups from North America who fought around the world and returned from those wars
• examinations of institutional, political, diplomatic, religious, cultural, economic, or environmental factors that affected warfare on the North American continent
• comparative analyses of military conflicts in North America
Because this series originally concentrated on the Midwest, the co-editors will also continue to seek proposals on war and society in the upper Mississippi River valley, the Ohio River valley, and the Great Lakes region. For more information, contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For submission guidelines, see http://www.ohioswallow.com/series/War+and+Society+in+North+America.
Department of History
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)