PCA/ACA Endowment Fund
Building Collections Grants For Institutions To Enhance Their
Popular Culture And American Culture Research Collections
2007 PCA/ACA Graduate Student Award Information
PCA/ACA Endowment Fund
PCA Professional Awards
ACA Professional Awards Carl Bode Award
Organizational Information & History
Popular Culture Association
• The Building Collections Grants for Institutions to Enhance their Popular Culture and American Culture Research Collections (for 2007 up to $5,000).
The Endowment for the Popular Culture Association and the American Culture Association announces the availability of up to $5,000 for 2007 for building popular culture and American culture reearch collections at institutions which are available to scholars.
The following criteria will be utilized in evaluating applications:
1. potential impact on the future of research in Popular Culture Studies and/or American Culture Studies;
2. accessibility of the enhanced collection to scholars;
3. sustainability of the project beyond the timeframe of the grant by the recipient institution;
4. qualifications of the project leader;
5. commitment to publicity about the enhanced collection and the contribution of the PCA/ACA Endowment to the project.
Grant funds will need to be expended during the 2007 calendar year. Grant recipients will be expected to file a brief report on the project with the Chair of the PCA/ACA Endowment by the end of the 2007 calendar year.
Deadline for applications is December 31, 2006. Applications should be sent electronically to: (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For questions abou this grant program, please contact: Michael Marsden, Chair of the PCA/ACA Endowment at either the email address above or by telephone: 920-403-3001.
The Endowment Board
Michael T. Marsden, Dean of the College and Academic Vice President, St. Norbert College, De Pere, Wisconsin 54115. Email: email@example.com
Treasurer and Fiduciary Agent
Executive Director, Michael K. Schoenecke, English Department, Box 43091, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas 79409-3091. Email: MKSchoene@aol.com
Lynn Bartholome, Monroe Community College; John Bratzel, Michigan State University; Ray Browne, Bowling Green State University; Gary Burns, Northern Illinois University; Ken Dvorak, San Jacinto College District; Gary Hoppenstand, Michigan State University; Fred Isaac, Berkeley, California; Michael Marsden, St. Norbert College; Mike Schoenecke, Texas Tech University; David Sokol, University of Illinois, Chicago.
Initial Contact and Queries For the Above:
Chair, Michael T. Marsden, Dean of the College and Academic Vice President, St. Norbert College, De Pere, Wisconsin 54115.