The Americas, Vol. 55:2, October 1998
Table of Contents
- Crosses, Caves and Matachines: Divergent Appropriations of Catholic
Discourse in Northwestern New Spain," by Cynthia Radding, p 177
- In Search of the Party: The Communist Party, the Comintern, and the
Peasant Rebellion of 1932 in El Salvador," by Erik Ching, p. 204
- Baiting the British Bull: A Fiesta, Trials, and a Petition in Belize,"
by Rosemarie M. McNairn, p. 240
- The Patriotic Society: Discussions and Omissions about Indians in the
Peruvian War of Independence," by Charles F. Walker, p. 275
- Archival Report: "Small Particulars: Variant Titles and Dates in the
Manuscript of Fray Diego Duran," by John Hebert and Abby L. Forgang, p.
- Inter-American Notes
- AND the always thought-provoking Book Reviews
Send manuscripts to: Editor, TAm, B-17 Gibbons Hall, CUA, Washington, DC
20064. Ask for our "style sheet"
Subs: TAm, Journals Division, CUA Press, Leahy 240, CUA, Washington, DC
"The Americas. A Quarterly Review of Inter-American Cultural History"
now has a webpage. It contains the table of contents--articles and
book reviews-- of the current issue of the journal, links to the tables
of content of the issues of the previous volume, the journal's "style
sheet" for authors and reviewers, information about the journal, and a
listing of the members of the Board of Editors. The webpage also
provides information on how to subscribe to Tam and Tam's email
address for comments and questions. The webpage may be reached at:
Social Sciences Online
Copyright © 1995-2007