You may find chapters in the following books very useful. They are all comparative.
1) . J. Rogers Hollingsworth/ Philippe C. Schmitter/ Wolfgang Streeck (eds.): Governing Capitalist Economies. Performance and Control of Economic Sectors, Oxford University Press 1994.
2) . Stephen Wilks/ Maurice Wright (eds.): Comparative Government-Industry Relations. Western Europe, the United States, and Japan, Oxford: Clarendon Press 1987.
3) . John Zysman: Governments, Markets, and Growth. Financial Systems and the Politics of Industrial Change, Ithaca, N.J/ London: Cornell University Press 1983.
4) . David Bailey/ George Harte/ Roger Sugden: Transnationals and Governments. Recent Policies in Japan, France, Germany, the United States and Britain, London/ New York, N.Y.: Routledge 1994.
5) . Maryann Keller: Collison. GM, Toyota, Volkswagen and the Race to Own the 21 Century, New York, NY et al.: 1993.
6) . C. Randall Henning: Currencies and Politics in the United States, Germany, and Japan, Washington, D.C.: Institute for International Economics 1994.
Political Science Department
Atlanta, GA 30322