In the interest of expanding the networks and discussions in our field, we encourage conference organizers to designate a conference attendee to write a review of the event. Ideally, a reviewer should not be a presenter at the conference and would typically be a graduate student in the field, but neither of these are required. Since the reviews are intended to summarize the presentations and debates at a conference for a wide audience, reviewers should work closely with the conference organizers. At the same time, we expect that reviewers will have their own critical space to comment on the proceedings. Conference organizers and reviewers should be in direct touch with Nigel Rothfels (email@example.com) to discuss the procedure for submitting a review.
- "Society for Phenomenology and Existential Philosophy"
October 16-18, 2008, Pittsburgh, PA
- "Code: Twenty-First Annual Conference of the Society for Literature, Science, and the Arts"
November 1-4, 2007, Portland, Maine
- "Animals and Society II: Considering Animals"
July 3-6, 2007, The Old Woolstore, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Organised by the University of Tasmania Animals and Society Study Group
- "The Other Animals: Situating the Non-Human in Russian Culture and History"
May 17-19, 2007, Roanoke, Virginia
Organized by Jane Costlow (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Amy Nelson (email@example.com)
- "The History of Animal History"
British Animal Studies Network
May 26, 2007, Clore Management Centre, Torrington Square, London
Organized by Erica Fudge
- "The Victorian Animal"
May 4, 2007, CUNY Graduate Center, New York, USA
Organized by The Victorian Committee of The Graduate Center, CUNY
- "Thinking about Animals: Domination, Captivity, Liberation"
March 15-16, 2007, Brock University, St. Catherines, Ontario, Canada
Organized by John Sorenson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- "Envisioning Animals: A Symposium on Animals and Visual Culture"
February 1-2, 2007, York University, Toronto, Canada
Organized by Matthew Brower (email@example.com)
and Leesa Fawcett (firstname.lastname@example.org)