< Back to H-Africa
Return to the H-AFRICA Home Page.
- Ayana, Daniel. "Land Tenure and Agriculture in Sayyoo-Afillo,
Western Wallaga, Ethiopia, 1880-1974."
Thesis (Ph.D.), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (1995), Donald Crummey, Advisor.
- Conte, Christopher. "Transformations along the Gradient: Ecological
Change in the Mountains and Plains of Northeastern Tanzania, c.1860-1970."
Thesis (Ph.D.), Michigan State University (1995), Harold Marcus, Advisor.
- Dorman, Sara Rich. "Inclusion and Exclusion: NGOs and Politics in Zimbabwe."
Thesis (D.Phil.), St Antonyıs College, Oxford (2001).
- Gates, James F. "The Structural and Cultural Construction of Race in the Handline Fishing Industry on South Africa's Western Cape Coast."
Thesis (Ph.D.), Cultural Anthropology, University of Florida (2001).
- Gebissa, Ezekiel B. "Consumption, Contraband and Commodification:
A History of Khat in Harerge, Ethiopia, c.1930-1991."
Thesis (Ph.D.), Michigan State University (1997), Harold Marcus, Advisor.
- Gemeda, Guluma. "Land, Agriculture, and Society in the Gibe Region:
Southwestern Ethiopia, C. 1850-1974."
Thesis (Ph.D.), Michigan State Universitiy (1996), Harold G. Marcus, Advisor.
- Genge, Manelisi. "Power and Gender in Southern African History:
Power Relations in the Era of Queen Labotsibeni Gwamile Mdluli of Swaziland, ca. 1875-1921."
Thesis (Ph.D.), Michigan State University (1999), Elizabeth A. Eldredge, Advisor.
- Guyot, Sylvain. "Disputed Environments: The Territorialization of Environmental Conflicts Along the Kwazulu-Natal Coast (South Africa: Kosi Bay, St. Lucia, Richards Bay and Port Shepstone)."
Thesis (Ph.D.), Geography, University of Paris 10 - Lab Geotropiques (2003).
- Hinchman, Mark. "African Rococo: House and Portrait in
Thesis (Ph.D.), University of Chicago (2000), Barbara Stafford, Advisor.
- Jacobs, Nancy. "Environmental Management and Food Production in
Kuruman, South Africa, c.1800-1935."
Thesis (Ph.D.), Indiana University (1995), Phyllis Martin, Advisor.
- Kendie, Daniel Dagnew. "The Internal and External Dimensions of the
Thesis (Ph.D.), Michigan State University (1994), Harold Marcus, Advisor.
- Konye, Paul. "Twentieth-Century Nigerian Art Music: Social,
Political, and Cultural Factors Involved in Its Evolution and Practice."
Thesis (Ph.D.), University of Kentucky (1997), Ron Pen, Advisor.
- Libby, Jean. "African Ironmaking Culture Among African American Ironworkers
in Western Maryland, 1760-1850."
Thesis (M.A.), San Francisco State University (1991), A.Y. Yansane and Angela Y. Davis, Advisors.
- Limb, Peter. "The African National Congress and Black Workers in
South Africa: Continuity and Change in Their Relationships before 1940."
Thesis (Ph.D.), University of Western Australia (1997), Norman Etherington, Advisor.
- McClendon, Thomas V. "Genders and Generations Apart: Labor
Tenants, Law, Domestic Struggle in Natal, South Africa, 1918-1944."
Thesis (Ph.D.), Stanford University (1995).
- Molony, Thomas, S. .J, "Food, Carvings and Shelter: the adoption and appropriation of information
and communication technologies in Tanzanian micro and small enterprises."
Thesis (Ph.D.), Centre of African Studies, University of Edinburgh (2005), Kenneth King, Advisor.
- Ngalamulume, Kalala J. "City Growth, Health Problems, and
Colonial Government Response: Saint-Louis (Senegal), From Mid-Nineteenth Century to the First World War."
Thesis (Ph.D.), Michigan State University (1996), David Robinson, Advisor.
- Peffer, John M. "The Struggle for Art at the End of Apartheid."
Thesis (Ph.D.), Department of Art History and Archaeology, Columbia University (2001), Suzanne Blier, Advisor.
- Pfister, Roger. "Apartheid South Africa's Foreign Relations with African States, 1961-1994."
Thesis (Ph.D.), Rhodes University, Grahamstown, South Africa (2003).
- Ramoupi, Neo. "The amaThuli and the Mnini Trust: A Documentary and Oral History"
Thesis (M.A.), University of Natal, Durban (1998), Jeff Guy and Melvin Page, Advisors.
- Sanyal, Sunanda K.
"Imaging Art, Making History: Two Generations of Makerere Artists."
Thesis (Ph.D.), Emory University (2000), Sidney Kasfir, Advisor.
- Silla, Eric. "'People are not the Same': Leprosy,
Community, and Identity in Colonial and Post-Colonial Mali."
Thesis (Ph.D.), Northwestern University (1995), John Hunwick, Advisor.
- Tijani, Hakeem I. "Britain and the development of leftist ideology and organisations in West Africa: The Nigerian Experience,1945-1965."
Thesis (Ph.D.), Toyin Falola (Universitiy of Texas at Austin) and Japie Brits (University of South Africa), Advisors, 2004.
- Tishken, Joel E. "Prophecy and Power in Afro-Christian Churches: A Comparative Analysis of the Nazareth Baptist Church and Eglise Kimbanguiste."
Thesis (Ph.D.), University of Texas at Austin (2002).
- Vasconcellos, Colleen. "Suffer the Children: Experiences in the Atlantic Slave Trade."
Thesis (Ph.D.), East Tennessee State University (1998), Mel Page, Advisor.
- White, Bob. W. "Modernity's Spiral: Popular Culture, Mastery and
the Politics of Dance Music in Congo-Kinshasa."
Thesis (Ph.D.), McGill University (1998), John Galaty, Advisor.
- Winshall, Robert. "When the Sahara Turned from Green to Brown--Postglacial Climate Change and Human Settlement in Central Sahara, 12,000 - 2,500 BC."
Thesis (M.A), California State University (1996), Alan Almquist, Advisor.
- Wooten, Stephen. "'Gardens are for Cash, Grain is for Life': The Social
Organization of Parallel Production Processes in a Rural Bamana Village (Mali)."
Thesis (Ph.D.), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (1997), Alma J. Gottlieb, Advisor.
First Online Edition: 3 November 1998
Last Revised: 10 October 2005