Department of Ethnology and Local Studies
National Union of Local Lore Researches of Ukraine
Kyiv City Organization
You are invited to take part in the International Conference on
“Kyiv Studies: Aspects of History and Ethnic Culture”, dedicated to
the 200-th anniversary Taras Shevchenko and 250-th anniversary of Maksym Berlinskyi, to be held on March 27, 2014
Topical directions of the conference
– Researches of Kyiv city history. Investment of Kyiv University scholars into further development of Kyiv studies
– Activities of scientific and educational establishments in the field of Kyiv studies
– Taras Shevchenko and Kyiv. Traditions of honoring the memory of the Great Kobzar
– Unknown and little known pages of Kyiv history
– Challenges of Kyiv toponymy
– History of science, education, culture and arts development in Kyiv
– Verbal history and its role in the research of Kyiv
– Everyday life and mentality of Kyiv residents
– Ethnonational and confession palette of the capital
– City subcultures: history and modernity
A book of abstracts is to be published on the conference materials. Proper presentations will be recommended to the organizing committee for publishing in scientific periodicals “Kraieznavstvo” and “Ethnic History of European Nations”.
You are kindly asked to email your applications for participation in the conference, which should include the title of your presentation, information about the author (family name, first name, patronymic, scientific degree, position and place of job, contact information) along with the abstracts by March 1, 2014: email@example.com. Requirements: 2-3 pages in doc. format (font - Times New Roman, font size -12, line interval – 1.5. Margins: left – 2.5 cm, right – 2 cm, top – 2 cm, bottom – 2 cm).
Authors of abstracts are responsible for the accuracy of provided facts, quotations, names, geographic names, references and other information.
Organizing committee reserves the right to select materials for publication.
Organizing committee will send information about presentations chosen for the Program and invitations.
60 Volodymyrska St, Kyiv, Ukraine, 01033.
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Faculty of History, room 349.
Coordinators – Associate Professor O. P. Honcharov and Associate Professor N.V. Teres
Contact person – Olha Lahunova, Department of Ethnology and Regional Study, room 352. Tel: (044) 239-33-18.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)