2014 Symposium From the Street to the Catwalk, Cultural Influences on Contemporary Fashion October 11-13, 1014 Portland, Oregon
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Western Region Symposium offers an opportunity for established Members and potential New Members to present juried Oral Research Papers or Research-in Progress Reports on unpublished research, new creations and/or practical experience.
Possible Topics Include…
- Subculture fashion, such as Goth, Mod, Punk, or Queer, and it’s influence on High Fashion
- Contributions to fashion from queer or transgender designers - The importance of youth subcultures on fashion
- The influence of social media on fashion
- Mainstreaming of Fetish Fashion
- Subcultural influences on fashion in a historical context
- Dance or Body Politic influence on Fashion
Two types of Presentations are invited:
1. Oral Papers are appropriate for the presentation of new research findings, case studies and conclusions. Limited to 20 minutes for a presentation. All visuals must be in PowerPoint format.
2. Research in Progress Reports are appropriate for the presentation of ongoing research to elicit feedback from registrants for additional research sources and/or comments on methodology. Limited to 10 minutes for presentation. All visuals must be in PowerPoint format.
Submission Information & Instructions
Please send your proposal abstracts to <email@example.com> with CSA: WR Symposium Abstract in the subject line.
Submissions are only accepted via email to help keep us green. The body of your email must include:
Name Address Email Telephone Number Institutional Affiliation (if any) Brief (<100 words) Autobiography Abstract Type Abstract Title
Your proposal abstract should be in the following format. Do not include any identification information on the abstract itself.
Format: doc or rtf Text Length: ORAL PAPERS <= 500 words RESEARCH IN PROGRESS <= 300 words Text Font: Times New Roman 12 (inclusive of footnotes/endnotes & bibliography) Language: English Interspacing: 2 Text, 1 Endnotes/Footnotes & Bibliography Identification: Type of Abstract centered at top of first page with title of abstract in bold font beneath it Style: Chicago Manual of Style, AP Style Book, MLA Style Manual, Oxford Writers Dictionary or Hart’s Rules
Deadlines: Your proposal abstract and email must be received by June 13, 2014 Candidates will be informed of their status by July 15, 2014
Your acceptance is required in writing by July 29, 2014 Costume Society of America: Western Region will be unable to pay for any expenses involved in the preparation and presentation of papers. Please obtain all necessary permissions for use of images before the presentation is given. Acceptance of papers does not include conference fees & expenses.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)