What records should the US Government prioritize for declassification?
That is the question posed by the US Public Interest Declassification Board on its blog, "Transforming Classification."
The members are asking for suggestions and comments from historians and the public in five categories:
- older records (25+ years)
- newer records (less than 25 years old)
- records relating to nuclear weapons policies (also called "FRD information")
- records of general interest
- records from the various US Presidential Libraries
Visit their blog and add your voice to the discussion. It is open for comments through mid-January.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)