UPDATE: Call for Papers: Literature: Ecocriticism & Environment
Southwest Popular/American Culture Association (SWPACA)
Popular and American Culture Studies: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow
35th Annual Conference: February 19 - 22, 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico Hyatt Regency Hotel & Conference Center
Proposal Submission Deadline, EXTENDED to: November 15, 2013
For details and information, including the submission database please go to:
http://southwestpca.org and/or http://conference 2014.southwestpca.org
Panels are now being formed for presentations regarding Literature, Ecocriticism and the Environment. Specific areas might include:
*ecocritical approaches to literature
* environmentally-focused artists and their art
* representations of nature and the environment in popular and American culture
* interdisciplinary approaches to the environment by environmental historians, philosophers, geographers, ecologists, governmental agencies, etc.
* environmental/ecocritical pedagogy & environmental education
* environmental discourse in the media
* the environment in film
* environmental issues in the Southwest
* urban environmentalism
* nature writing and its authors
* environmental activism, non-profit, governmental issues, etc.
To submit a proposal, go to http://conference2014.southwestpca.org and enter the proposal into the database. Deadline for submissions extended to November 15, 2013. Accepted applicants will be notified by email, and must register for the conference by December 31, 2013.
See the southwestpca.org for information concerning graduate-student awards, the conference peer-reviewed journal Dialogue and many other details related to the conference.
East Central University
1100 E. 14th St.
Ada, OK 74820
580-559-5557 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)