Contexts: Journal for English Literature and Culture is seeking papers for its first issue, which will examine literary and cultural relations between Britain and Continental Europe. We invite contributions dealing with literary and cultural aspects of John Bullís encounter with the Continent, from the eighteenth century to the present.
Possible topic areas include, but are not limited to:
- cultural relations between Great Britain and the Continent; their representation in literature, film, theatre and the mass media;
- British travel accounts about the Continent;
- Continental influences on British literature, film and theatre;
- British reactions to crucial events shaping the history of the Continent;
- British efforts to separate from the Continent.
Proposals (500-word abstracts) should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30, 2013. Notifications of acceptance will be sent by October 30, 2013. Final papers (c. 4000-6000 words) will be expected by January 31, 2014.
Contexts is a peer-reviewed journal published by the Department of English Studies, Kazimierz Wielki University, Bydgoszcz. Subsequent issues will aim at discussing various aspects of Anglophone literature and culture in broad context.
ul. Grabowa 2
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)